04.08.2015 - Holy Hemp Hummus
Hummus is a snack time favourite and also a party favourite. Serve this awesome savoury recipe alongside our Hemp Apple Spread at a party and hemp will be a hit. You can`t go wrong with hummus as it is one of the most versatile additions to any meal. The nutty flavour and creamy texture of hemp seeds adds the perfect drama to this loved dish.
2 cups drained chickpeas, plus 1/4 cup of liquid in reserve
3 tablespoons Hemp Seeds
● 1/4 cup tahini
● 1/4 cup lemon juice
● 3 tablespoons hemp seed oil or hemp seed oil
● 4 cloves garlic
● 1/4 teaspoon cumin
salt to taste (skip the salt if using salted hemp seeds)
1. Place all ingredients into processor.
2. Add liquid reserve and/or oil to adjust texture.
3. Salt to taste once blended.
4. Sprinkle with hemp seeds to serve.
For extra fibre you can add hemp flour or natural protein powder to thicken the mixture. Just make sure your protein is unsweetened.
Try serving this in a burger with our recipe for Hemp, Carrot & Chickpea Patties.