01.08.2015 - Vegan Hemp Milk
Hemp milk is an amazing vegan non-dairy alternative for milk. Use for smoothies, cereal, or anywhere you might use milk. The flavour of this hemp milk is refreshing and creamy. Chill it for icy flavoured beverages and smoothies or steam it into espresso for a dramatically creamy latte.
● Ingredients 1/2 cup Hemp Seeds
● 4 cups filtered water
● To sweeten add 2-3 tablespoons of honey or 2 medjool dates (optional)
1. Put hemp hearts into a container.
2. Cover the seeds with a portion of the filtered water (roughly 1/2 cup) and add honey.
3. Cover container and refrigerate (min 4 hours but overnight is best).
4. After mixture has completed soaking, empty container into a blender.
5. Turn blender on low and gradually increase speed until on highest setting and leave on for 20 seconds. The texture should be like a thin spread, smooth and free of whole seeds.
6. With the blender running, through the opening of the lid, gradually pour the remaining measured filtered water until the volume is blended entirely.
7. Use immediately or refrigerate.
For the finest texture, you can strain the milk if you wish and crush any larger sediment with a mortar and then add it back in the milk and blend again.
Sweeten with 100% pure maple syrup instead of honey for a delicate maple flavour.
Add cinnamon for a sweet and spicy taste.